You always hear the phrase, “it’s the little things” and you know what, those little things really do make the world go ’round. You want this year to rule? Here are a few things you can do!
- Have a wishlist on Amazon or somewhere else? This year pick at least one thing and buy it for yourself. Stop waiting! If you want it, buy the damn thing.
- If you ever find yourself in a drive thru, pay for the stuff for the people behind you. Unless they have their brights on, they get nothing. Kidding! Well, not really.
- Save a life. Rescue or adopt a critter. We did this last year and you would not believe how rewarding it is. Just make sure you’re ready forever, not till your next landlord doesn’t accept pets ok?
- Take up a new hobby that is totally outside of your comfort zone: gardening, knitting, painting in a new medium. Subsequently, be that one guy in the knitting circle boys! That’s an untapped resource of ladies. HOT women knit! I know a few of them… NO, REALLY.
That’s a whole lot of gorgeous in one strip of photos right there. (PS, if that’s you, I stole your photo. I had to prove a point with your hotness, sorry!)
- See that massive influx of garbage in your email box? Yes, all those mailing lists you signed up for (or didn’t!)? Do yourself a favor, unsubscribe from all of them.
- Send tons and tons of snail mail. Dude, the art of letter writing is DYING and yes, postage keeps going up but it’s no excuse! The lid on your latte probably costs more. Do you remember the last time you got an amazing, unsolicited letter in your mail box? Do you remember how it made you feel? I rest my case.
- Go through your closet and if you haven’t worn it in a year, get rid of it! Clutter is toxic! Sentimental value items like wedding garb and the sweater that belonged to your friend that passed away do not apply. Also? Replace all your wire and plastic hangers with wood ones. We’re big people now.
- Tell people how you really feel.
- That print or piece of art you always admired? Get it and put it somewhere you can revel in it daily.
- Pay compliments, lots of them. A small set of nice words in any form can make someone’s entire day… and not just to people you know, do it to complete strangers. Good slices of honesty make everyone win.
- Have breakfast for dinner, in bed. You’re an adult now! You can be irresponsible and nonsensical from time to time. It isn’t going to kill you.
- Buy yourself fresh flowers. Stop waiting for people to do it for you.
- Make your bed every morning. I am a supreme slacker with this one but I have noticed my room is just more sanctuary-like when it’s orderly.
- Buy yourself a Q&A Journal. Anyone can fill in a blank once a day. Journaling with a shortcut.
- Stop hoarding recipes on Pinterest and actually make one.
- When you want to gripe, bitch and complain on facebook posts, stop yourself. You’ll feel a lot better when you realize you aren’t *that person* we all can’t handle.
- Go to new restaurants. We all have our “go to” joints but there is a lot of untapped gold you aren’t giving a chance.
- Start a piggy bank and every day when you get home put your change in it. When it’s full you will probably have a good $100+ in it. Take that money and do something nice for yourself with it. Yes, I am encouraging you to not pay bills with it. No point in busting your ass if you never do anything for you.
- Recycle. In this day and age it’s a reponsibility. Sorry. Wait a minute, I am not sorry. You should be doing this already.
- Buy used, handmade, support the mom & pops, buy local.
- Write a really nice quote or love note and leave it on the cork board of your local coffee house or grocery store.
- Dance around your house shamelessly, in your underwear, while singing at the top of your lungs and don’t give a shit who sees you. It’s your house dammit.
- Get that heavy burden off your chest. Send in a postcard to Postsecret and liberate yourself a little.
- Listen to music, anytime, all the time. Build a soundtrack to your life.
- Take risks. The only thing you have to lose is the fact you didn’t TRY.
- Make your bucket list and scratch off at least one of those things by December.
- Live. Life is short and we spend far too much of it on trivialities.
My name is Ivonne and this is where I come to unload. Artist, wife, mother, loud mouth, blogger, crafter and multipurpose elf.
About 2 years ago, my family and I did the unthinkable and uprooted from the West to the East Coast. You can imagine the culture shock when a Mexican, West Coast girl lands herself in South New Jersey. If anything it has made for some ridiculous stories.
beans + ink on etsy
tagsart awesomeness DIY East vs West family fill in the blank friday food freebie friday friends hilarity holidays ink+window ivonne josh jumbalaya life lists love+share me going off meme Music musings nine times two notes+memos note to self one sketch a day operation health overheard parenting photos product whore reader involvement recipe reza shameless self promotion sketch quick spaces stuff I love the good the bad and the ugly the michos thrifty travel tutorials Uncategorized video
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010