Man! You people really like free shit don’t you?! Pushing up to 50 comments already. Hey, don’t get me wrong here, totally flattered that you would want one of my little doodles. I guess it is one of those things with me. I never see my stuff like everyone else does. People say my art is cute/good and all I see are uneventful doodles. Sad isn’t it? Decades of self confidence do that to you but on the other hand, I am ok with it cause it keeps me humble. There is nothing more off putting than someone who thinks their shit don’t stink and that just isn’t how I roll. Humility goes a longer way than arrogance.
I got some ideas in the pipe but nothing I am ready to put here. But I am feeling the surge and I have to entertain it. Who knows when this river is going to dry up ya know?
So what else is going on in this part of the world?
Josh’s schedule is normalizing and we are all very thankful for it. Having him around is key for our balance. The other day he had the best and much needed day: haircut, lunch at his favorite beer bar in Philly, went record shopping, the Blues made the playoffs and he got laid… all in the same day! Well deserved too.
Reza has been sassy as all shit but growing up into a really awesome person. She’s too smart for her own good and witty as all fuck. Case in point…
This was all her doing too. I just helped her with sounding out the words so she could spell them. I love the fact she feels like she can.
Nena is Nena. Old, senile, pees everywhere that she shouldn’t be peeing. It is driving me insane.
Judas + Gomez are… well, cats. Sleep, eat, take stinking shits, snuggle with each other. They’re awesome even if they are up at crazy hours of the night making a ruckus.
I have been dealing with some crippling sciatic pain the past couple of days. I am trying to not let it get to me but I have come to the conclusion that my body will always be a Judas to my spirit and I have to figure out who is gonna win that battle. I have no idea how people get addicted to pain killers. I caved for 1/2 a pill yesterday and that shit made me feel terrible. I still feel gross, like I am on a narcotic hangover of epic proportions.
I have been painting a lot of little watercolor whatnot and if you follow me on facebook or instagram you would probably see more of that. Fear not, you don’t have to have an instagram account to spy in. Here, I will make it easy for you.
I don’t get people who are a jack of all creative trades. When one sleeps the other is awake. I can’t do it all at the same time. Case in point, I haven’t touched my camera much as of late. I have tried but it just doesn’t feel as natural to me at the moment. It will come back, not worried about that part. I do have a metric fuckton of photos on my phone though. I need to do a phone dump post here very soon.
Oh! And a friend of mine encouraged me to enter a contest on Spoonflower which somehow pushed me into the idea of textile design. What the hell right? It’s foreign but right up my alley. So I made a print of watercolored moths. Wanna see it? here she is!. Order it, make stuff with it and send me photos! Will there be more? Absolutely. Darker stuff, skulls, Halloween, Day of The Dead prints? Who knows. If you got any requests I am all ears.
Our plans shifted a little cause Uncle Sam fucked us in the butt with no lube. Word to the wise, don’t touch your 401k unless you absolutely have to. We did cause we had to and boy did we get an anal reaming from the government. And they didn’t even make us breakfast. Those pricks.
I miss San Diego people a lot these days. It’s hard to connect with people here. There are gems amongst all these UGG and legging wearing turds but you gotta look and hard. I will get there but I cannot say I don’t miss my people. I truly do. And some people I don’t miss at all. I miss a carne asada burrito more than you. Mmmmm…. meat. Hopefully we can make a jaunt back in the Fall.
Thankfully the Summer will be an array of visitors… Brett & Gayle, Griselda, my parents and the Japanese extension which will be here for three weeks. I cannot wait to see some familiar faces around these parts.
And on to the blank filling….
1. When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is, pee. Or let out the dog who woke me up cause she needs to pee. Whole lot of peeing.
2. I can hardly wait for the cicadas to start their buzzing, for my sister Bee to get here from Japan… two years without seeing my sister just isn’t cool, the farmers markets starting back up, the moment we pay off the IRS (assholes), Josh to come home tonight, for my buttock to stop throbbing – stupid sciatica. I need an ass massage. ASS RUBBING.
3. The quickest way to my heart is paying attention to the little things, leaving me alone and knowing when is a good time and when it really isn’t. Oh, and chocolate always works too. Props to those of you who have figured that one out.
4. A little known fact about me is that I love music, I used to work a real bonafide serial killer, I have no shame in admitting my prior indiscretions, I like tacos, I hate sticking my hand in the garbage disposal with an unholy passion, I try to live happily, love fiercely, and cross me and you will regret the day you did. 😀
5. The best part about my job is that I get the time to do some of the things I enjoy all while spending time with the nugget. Being an at home mom has its challenges but then I think about strangers showing my littles everything and I don’t regret it one bit.
6. Something I just couldn’t live without is facial moisturizer. gotta keep that skin lookin’ good y’all.
7. Something useful that I wish I knew how to do is sew, make Indian food and have multiple orgasms. Wouldn’t that be the shit? Hey, just being honest…