Since this edition is about travel, I thought I would include one of my favorite “travel” photos. That black speck on the bottom is me doing what I call “the coffee cake dance” at the base of Himeji Castle, Japan. 2005.
1. My favorite place i’ve ever traveled to is Japan. Never in my life have I seen such a perfect blend of tradition and modern. I am dying to go back
2. Paris is somewhere I’d love to go someday.
3. I pass the time on a plane (or bus, or car ride or train) by playing games on my phone or listening to music. I wish I could sleep.
4. My three must-haves when I travel are my iPhone, iPod and camera. There is no way I would ever check my camera bag. No chance in hell.
5. My favorite travel companion is dependent on where I am going. Certain places suit certain people.
6. The craziest thing that ever happened to me while traveling is a tie between the great ankle injury in Japan and when Josh got chased by monkeys in Bali resulting in a sprained ankle. What is it with us and feet?
7. The most exotic food I’ve ever tried while traveling is a multiple course meal of different parts of unagi (eel). I was not prepared for the innards on a skewer. I pussied out on the raw horse… in hindsight I should have tried it, I am sure it would probably have been better than the eel whatnot.
8. If I could live anywhere else, I’d live in Japan, Paris, Barcelona. AKA nowhere in this country.
9. I have been to 10 states in the U.S. (CA, NV, OR, WA, ID, LA, NC, NJ, PA, NY) – where I actually have been, airport layovers don’t count.